I have not posted for some time. It has been busy with work. Hopefully, I will start posting more regularly. I hope you all are well!
It is finally spring and we are having some warm days. Our friends recently went strawberry picking and got us some fresh strawberries. We ate some fresh and dipped some in chocolate. I was looking for desserts and most of them require cream. So I decided on a sorbet to use the strawberries up.
It was really easy to make and perfect for a warm day. It has five ingredients. I do not have an ice cream maker and made it with my vitamix mixer but any mixer/food processor will work. It was delicious, it had slight bitter notes from the lemon but does not overpower.
- 4 cups strawberry, frozen
- 1 small lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey (optional)
- Hull and slice fresh strawberries and freeze or use frozen strawberries
- Add 1/2 lemon to the mixer and add sugar and blend till lemon is ground up
- Add frozen strawberries and blend on low. Add the lemon juice from the other half of the lemon and honey. Push fruit down and increase speed and blend for a few minutes. Add more sugar if you want.
- Add 2-3 mint leaves and blend
- Serve and garnish with mint leaves