This is an easy dish to make and a low carb, keto friendly dish.
- 2 small zucchinis, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 8oz (200 g) packet mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs + 1 tbsp chopped nuts (optional) + 1 tbsp parmesan cheese( optional)
- Heat oven to 375ºF (190ºC)
- Slice zucchini in half, lengthwise and scoop out the middle.
- Wipe dry, sprinkle a little salt and pepper on it.
- Place on oiled baking pan
- In a pan heat oil. Add onions and garlic and stir fry till golden brown
- Chop the scooped out zucchini and add to pan with mushrooms.
- Stir fry till cooked and dry. Add spices.
- Mix ingredients for bread crumbs
- Spoon in the mushroom mixture into the scooped zucchini
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake for 20 minutes.
- If bread crumbs start to brown, cover with aluminium foil to avoid burning.
- Serve with tomato sauce on the side