One day, while I was grocery shopping, I saw a box of sweet potato slices in the frozen section. I decided to try it at home. It is easy to make, healthy and for those who are on a low carb keto diet, whole 30, have gluten or dairy allergy or just want to eat less carbs, this is great. I had just made sundried tomato pesto and used that as a spread. I also added avocado on that and made my version of avocado toast, which is the ‘in’ thing to eat. My son commented that I was eating like the millenials. I had some baingan bharta which I used as a spread too. Top it whatever catches your fancy.
- 1 Sweet potato
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC)
- Slice sweet potato , 1/4 inch thick
- Place on a pan in one layer
- Drizzle with olive oil
- Bake for 15 to 20 mins
- If you do not have an oven- parboil teh sweet potato, slice and pan fry with a little oil.
- Top with whatever you want and have it as breakfast, snack or as dinner.
2 Comments Add yours