One day, I was sitting at work and craving for some dark, chewy chocolate cookies.I came home and realised that I had no dark cocoa. It had to wait till I go buy dark cocoa. The idea of those cookies stayed in my mind till I made it. It was worth the wait. I made a batch and froze the dough and made it a week later, it was as good. The recipe I usually use are from the Nestle website. But I found this recipe on https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/. There are some really good recipes there. I replaced the all purpose flour for whole wheat flour. I also used almond milk.
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour or atta flour
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond milk (or regular milk)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or semisweet chocolate chips
- sea salt for sprinkling
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda
- Beat the butter till creamy. Add both brown and granulated sugars and mix well until creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix well
- Add the flour mixture, chocolate chips and milk and mix. The cookie dough will be sticky. Cover with aluminium foil and let it sit for 3 hours in the refrigerator
- Let it sit for 20 minutes at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC)
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Roll doughs of balls and place on pan. Sprinkle with sea salt
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve as is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
One Comment Add yours
Great cookies. Ate most of them myself.