Most of the time, I soak and cook too much chickpeas. So I make this crunchy snack which is super easy to make.
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas or 1 can chickpeas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1-2 tsp of seasoning (piri piri or chat masala or a mixture of garlic powder and chilli powder or zaatar) – go crazy, try your own blend
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (390ºF)
- Drain and rinse cooked chickpeas and spread on a kitchen towel or kitchen paper and dry the chickpeas as much as possible. The drier it is, the crispier it gets. Remove nay skins that are peeling.
- On a pan, place the chickpeas. Coat with oil and sprinkle salt.
- Bake for 40 -50 minutes until golden brown
- Remove from the oven and toss with seasoning when still hot
- It will get crispier as it cools.
- They are best eaten fresh