I had posted a brownie recipe earlier. You cannot have enough brownie recipes in your repertoire. This is from a recipe book ‘Chocolate’ by Christine McFadden and Christine France. These brownies and gooey and fudgy. Do try! It is a really simple, easy and a quick recipe. I whipped this up in 10 minutes and then into the oven.
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Lightly grease a shallow square 8-inch pan
- Melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of warm water. (You can also melt it in a microwave, but keep mixing every minute.)
- Mix oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in the melted chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Fold in and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in chopped nuts and chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly to the edges
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is firm and crusty.
- Cool and cut into pieces. Enjoy!