I had posted a brownie recipe earlier. You cannot have enough brownie recipes in your repertoire. This is from a recipe book ‘Chocolate’ by Christine McFadden and Christine France. These brownies and gooey and fudgy. Do try! It is a really simple, easy and a quick recipe. I whipped this up in 10 minutes and then into the oven.
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped into pieces
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF / 180ºC.
- Lightly grease a shallow square 8-inch pan
- Melt the dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of warm water. (You can also melt it in a microwave, but keep mixing every minute.)
- Mix oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in the melted chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Fold in and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in chopped nuts and chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly to the edges
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is firm and crusty.
- Cool and cut into pieces. Enjoy!
7 Comments Add yours
This was a great hit! I had my cousins coming over this weekend and made this for them. The combination of hot hot brownies with melting vanilla ice-cream on it is just awesome!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
We all remember your famous brownie.
yes, we all remember your famous brownies and we miss it. What did you apply on the top- topping. Dark chocolate is 90% or 50%. I want to try making it.
Thank you. I usually use 70% dark chocolate. I have not used frosting on the top. Let me know how it turns out. Enjoy!
Happy Diwali Preethi.
Brownies came out very good. Thank you very much for the nice recipe.
Happy Diwali! Thank you! Glad you liked it!