I have been making banana bread for years and it was and still is my go to when i need a quick snack to be made for the kids especially the days when i had to pack snacks for school. I add nuts (walnuts or cashew nuts- depending on what i had) and chocolate chips to it. Here is the recipe https://chaiwithpreethi.com/2016/11/02/banana-bread/ It made the banana bread sweeter and could pass as a dessert. You could drizzle some melted chocolate on it and serve it warm with ice cream and it becomes a dessert.
I had some blueberries in the fridge and frozen bananas(I sometimes freeze bananas if they are too ripe and that way I have ripe bananas when i want to make banana bread). I decided to try add blueberries to the banana bread instead of nuts and chocolate. I really liked it but will not pass it off as dessert. It was perfect for breakfast or as a snack. It was not as sweet as there were no chocolates and i made it with whole wheat to make a healthier option.
- 1 cup mashed bananas (approx 2 large bananas)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Heat oven to 350º F or 180º C. Grease the loaf tin with oil.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, oil and sugar together.
- Add mashed bananas to it and mix.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Fold in the flour mixture to the banana mixture. Mix well.
- Add blueberries and mix
- Pour into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50- 60 minutes . Check if it is done by inserting a toothpick, if it comes out clean, then it is done. If not let it bake for some more time.