I make hummus often for appetizers when I have guests as it is an easy dish to make. But I do get bored of the same hummus. I am always looking at ways to make it more interesting. I found a recipe in Bon Appetit which inspired me to make this. Slow roasting the tomatoes brings out the sweetness in the tomatoes.
You can make the tomatoes a few days ahead and heat it before serving. If you make an extra batch of tomatoes, toss it with some pasta, basil, olive oil salt, and pepper and you have dinner ready.
Recipe of hummus can be found at https://chaiwithpreethi.com/2018/12/11/hummus-healthy-and-easy-to-make/
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes (a little over a cup)
- 3 – 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- a handful of almonds
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups plain hummus;
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 125ºC / 250º F
- Toast almonds in a pan in the oven for 5-7 minutes, making sure it does not burn
- Chop almonds and keep aside
- Toss tomatoes, garlic, salt, and 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place on a pan and roast in the oven for about an hour or till soft but not mushy.
- Spread hummus in a serving dish/ plate
- Spoon roasted tomatoes on the hummus
- Sprinkle chopped almonds and drizzle olive oil on top
- Serve with pita bread or vegetables