I was introduced to this dressing this year and with all the herbs in my garden I thought this was the perfect time to make it. I used it as a dressing for a quinoa bowl. It can used as a dressing for anything. It is so tasty, you can eat it by itself; I could almost eat a whole bowl of it. You can use whatever herbs you would like. I used a mix of parsley, cilantro, chives, mint, thyme and basil. Traditionally, anchovies are added; I used capers instead
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, regular or plant based yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup fresh herbs (lightly packed) – use a blend of cilantro, parsley, basil, mint, dill, green onions or chives and thyme
- 1-2 clove garlic, lightly fried in a tsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. capers
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except for yogurt and process in the food processor to a fine paste.
- I either freeze or save this in the fridge if I am not using it immediately
- Combine yogurt/ sour cream to the blended paste
- Add seasoning if required
- Serve as a dressing for salads, quinoa bowl or roasted vegetables.
One Comment Add yours